Who doesn’t like the nourishing properties of coconut oil??! Well, people who are allergic to coconut oil don’t. If you are allergic to coconut oil, you might develop swelling, a rash and inflammation. A few months back, I posted a recipe for body butter without coconut oil. A good number of people have since contacted me. They told me that they, or their loved ones, are allergic to coconut oil, and that it’s difficult to find DIY recipes that do not use coconut oil. They inspired me to create another coconut oil-free body butter recipe.
This is a recipe for mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil. Be warned, this body butter smells so delicious that you might think it’s edible. Every time I whip up a batch, I have to tell my little one repeatedly, please don’t eat it. Mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil is not food, not a dessert, but it is definitely a luxurious little treat for your body. It’s very rich, a little will fully moisturize your body.
This mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil has 3 all natural ingredients: cocoa butter, jojoba oil, and peppermint essential oil. All three ingredients have amazing skin nourishing properties. Cocoa butter smells like chocolate. Yum! Pure cocoa butter is loaded with antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties that promote skin health. People use jojoba oil, an emollient, for acne, psoriasis, sunburn, and chapped skin. Peppermint essential oil has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties, and it can moisturize cracked skin. So, are you ready to whip up your very own batch of this delicious smelling mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil??
Mint Chocolate Body Butter without Coconut Oil
Prep Time: about an hour and 15 minutes (including one hour of waiting time when you leave your mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil in the freezer, before whipping it into fluffy goodness)
Yields: about 4 fluid oz
This mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil does not have preservatives. It’s a good idea to use it within 1 month of creating it.
Natural Ingredients for Mint Chocolate Body Butter without Coconut Oil
includes affiliate links
- Cocoa Butter – 1/2 cup. I use Raw Unrefined Cocoa Butter. You can also try Caribbean Cacao Butter, Rise ‘N Shine Cocoa Butter, or Sky Organics Cocoa Butter.
- Jojoba Oil – 1/4 cup. I use Now Foods Organic Jojoba Oil. You can also try Leven Rose Organic Jojoba Oil, or Radha Beauty Jojoba Oil.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – 25 drops. I use Now Foods Peppermint Essential Oil. You can also try Art Naturals Peppermint Oil or Majestic Pure Peppermint Essential Oil.
- (optional) Vitamin E – 5 drops. I use Now Solutions E-Oil. You can also try GreatFull Skin Vitamin E Oil, or Vitamin E Softgels. If you use vitamin E softgels or capsules, you will need to first extract vitamin E oil from the softgels/capsules. Vitamin E is an antioxidant. It could help extend the shelf life of your mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil.
How to Make Mint Chocolate Body Butter without Coconut Oil
(1) Add cocoa butter and jojoba oil to a glass measuring cup or a glass container. Make sure that the container is big enough to fit an electric whisk.
(2) Place the glass measuring cup in a pot that has about 2 inches of water. You’re creating a double boiler.
(3) Turn on the stove to melt the cocoa butter in the double boiler.
(4) When the cocoa butter is completely melted, give the mixture a good stir to make sure that the cocoa butter and jojoba oil are fully incorporated.
(5) Place the glass measuring cup (with the melted cocoa butter and jojoba oil) in the freezer.
(6) Wait about an hour, or until the mixture is frozen solid. Use an electric whisk to whip the frozen cocoa butter and jojoba oil into fluffy body butter. During the first few minutes you might wonder if the frozen mint chocolate body butter will ever get fluffy. It will. Just keep using the electric whisk on it. It took me about 10 minutes to turn the frozen mixture into luxurious body butter.
(7) Add peppermint essential oil, and the optional vitamin E oil.
(8) Scoop the mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil into a glass container. And enjoy!
A Quick FYI: Please don’t subject your mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil to extreme heat, it will melt if it’s in a super hot environment. Mine has stayed in its whipped form in room temperature. I wouldn’t leave it in my car during hot summer months, or place it under direct sunlight. I like my whipped body butter, and don’t want it turned into melted butter and oil.
That’s it! With a few all natural ingredients you can hand craft your very own delicious smelling mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil. This rich body butter smells absolutely divine, and it is loaded with skin loving ingredients that moisturize and soothe your skin. The best part is this body butter is super easy to make. So, will you be giving this mint chocolate body butter without coconut oil recipe a try? I’d love to know your thoughts on the coconut oil-free body butter recipe. So, reach out and let’s connect! As always, please remember to share and pin this recipe if you like it!
Can’t get enough of DIY body butter??! Here are two more recipes: